Relationships can be tough. They take a lot of hard work and dedication.
Finding someone you want to spend your time with can be a challenge in itself, and once you do find that special someone, you must shift your focus to maintaining the magic.
Many times a couple will get together, fall in love and let things be, but that’s when trouble comes knocking. In order to build a healthy, lasting relationship you need to keep things fresh, find time for each other and learn to navigate through the ups and downs together.
Tips For A Loving Relationship
Love is hard work, but nothing worth having comes easy. If you think you’ve found “the one” and want to make sure it lasts, take a look at these 100 tips for a loving relationship.
1. Treat your partner like they’re your best friend.
2. Listen to your partner like it’s the first time you’ve heard their voice.
3. Turn off distractions and give one another your undivided attention.
4. Establish a connection with your partner’s friends and relatives.
5. Treat each moment together as if it’s the last moment you’ll share.
6. Eat meals at the dinner table together.
7. Keep conversations interesting. Trade in the monotonous “how was your day?” for something more exciting like “what made you smile today?” or “what was your biggest challenge?”
8. Tackle the not-so-fun things together. No one likes sorting through bills and finances, but together it can be much more enjoyable.
9. Don’t be afraid of being vulnerable. Fully open up to each other.
10. Always be happy to see each other.
11. Stop nitpicking and nagging. No one wants to be with someone who brings them down.
12. Get over needing to be right. Knowing how to say “I was wrong” is a skill worth learning.
13. Create mini-traditions to share together. These small rituals can make a couple closer.
14.Complement one another often. There’s nothing better than knowing your partner is attracted to you.
15. Be considerate of each other’s feelings, likes and dislikes.
16. Surprise each other.
17. Always say “please” and “thank you.”
18. Think before you speak. Words can be forgiven, but not forgotten.
19. Respect your intimate bond. Don’t kiss and tell.
20. Do the little things that make your partner feel loved.
21. Dream with them like nothing can stop you from making it all come true.
22. Honour each other’s differences.
23. Set goals together and make plans to conquer them.
24. Don’t suffocate your partner or hold them back from their potential.
25. Believe in one another and be each other’s biggest fans.
26. Take interest in your partner’s interests. Who knows, you just may like it too!
27. Encourage one another to grow as two unique individuals.
28. Become an expert on your partner.
29. Help one another with challenging tasks.
30. Don’t get involved in their family drama, instead be their for your partner.
31. Be open and honest about what you need.
32. Always say what you mean and mean what you say.
33. Don’t assume things, instead ask questions.
34. Define your expectations and relationship boundaries.
35. Practice clarity and make no room for passive-aggressiveness.
36. Be honest. Don’t lie.
37. Seek to understand, not agree.
38. Keep communication open.
39. Practice give and take in your relationship.
40. Don’t direct your frustrations from unrelated problems at your partner.
41. Make love like it’s your first time.
42. Always work to spice up your sex life.
43. Hold hands when you’re walking.
44. Cuddle and always have at least one body part touching when on the couch or in bed.
45. Spend time together like you mean it and want to, not because you have to.
46. Create a weekly date night and keep dating.
47. Make out like you’re in high school again.
48. Have pet names for each other.
49.Leave notes, send flowers, and do other things that show you’re thinking about them.
50. Be spontaneous to keep the flame burning.
Want To Build A Relationship That Lasts? I can help you attract your perfect man, and protect your relationship from the bumps in the road, no matter how big. Not only that, I’ll give you the information and tools you need to take your love life to the next level of love, intimacy, and connection. Get the love life you deserve with my Devotion System. Try it right now.
51. Forgive your partner. One day the tables will turn and you’ll need forgiving.
52. Treat yourself the way you’d like your partner to treat you.
53. Don’t make your partner your only outlet, have another support team to vent to.
54. Give your partner the benefit of the doubt and don’t assume they are out to get you.
55. Pitch in and share chores. Teamwork is the best work.
56. Don’t rehash old arguments. You can’t change the past so why dwell on it.
57. Don’t interrupt your partner when they are speaking. Listening shows you care.
58. Don’t belittle, mock, or call each other names. Respect is key in any relationship.
59. Choose your battles. Agree to disagree when you must.
60. Don’t try to control your partner.
61. Take care of yourself and well being.
62. Practice positive thinking. Your mind is a powerful thing, when you fill it with positive thoughts things will start to change.
63. Be comfortable in your own skin.
64. Be confident. Don’t fill your head with worries.
65. Dress so you feel attractive on the outside and inside.
66. Smile and flirt with your partner every chance you get.
67. Spice things up in the bedroom.
68. Be willing to share your desires and fantasies.
69. Be kind. No act of kindness, however small, was ever wasted.
70. Love yourself. In order to fully love another, you must first love youself.
71. Give each other the space you need.
72. Try new things together and discover common interests.
73. Volunteer together. Giving back is a great way to put in perspective how lucky you are.
74. Travel together. Explore the unknown and you’ll see a whole new side of one another.
75. Let your partner in. Don’t hide behind walls or reserve certain information.
76. Don’t try to fix your partner, but always be willing to help.
77. Break old habits and be adventurous. There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.
78. Be the first to apologize. It’s not admitting defeat, but that you’d rather be happy than right.
79. Learn from your problems and mistakes.
80. Make sacrifices for each other.
81. Appreciate what the relationship is now, in the moment, and stop living for what can be.
82. Don’t seek out drama, be content with what you have.
83. Don’t get jealous. A green-eyed monster is usually unjust.
84. Take responsibility of own happiness and don’t rely on your partner to make you happy.
85. Do things you love and make time to play.
RELATED: How Can I Find Lasting Love?
86. Fulfil as many of your own needs as you can. You’ll feel rewarded and proud.
87. Laugh together. Couples who laugh together last together.
88. Be present, in the here and now.
89. Focus on gratitude. Choose at least one thing a day to be grateful for.
90. Love unconditionally, without limitations or conditions.
91. Treat every moment together like it’s a gift.
92. Be patient with each other.
93. Be generous. Give without expecting anything in return.
94. Keep your partner in your heart and on your mind.
95. Accept your partner for who they are.
96. Practice loving gestures daily. A little love goes a long way.
97. Tell your partner why you love and appreciate them as much as possible.
98. Keep doing the little things that wooed your partner in the beginning.
99. Love your partner with the best part of yourself.
100. Love is a verb. Live it. Do it.